Thank you for your interest in the Cyberfellows CyberCorps™ Scholarship For Service Program. We are excited that you are considering applying. Please note that the deadline for all application materials to be received is March 12th, 2018. We will commence interviews the week of March 19th following a review of the applications.
As you know, the program is designed to bring students with degrees that include significant focus on cybersecurity into governmental cybersecurity positions. There are significant financial benefits for being part of the program, including:
- Full tuition support
- An annual stipend of $34,000 for graduate students or $22,500 for undergraduates
- Health insurance coverage
- An allowance of $4,000 annually for travel and professional development
- An allowance for $2,000 annually for textbooks
- Additionally, students who are in the program over a summer are required to obtain a paid internship; this pay is in addition to the benefits above
Students receving these benefits are subject to a number of requirements from the Office of Personnel Management and from the Georgetown Cyberfellows Program. Before applying, you should carefully read the documents below to understand the commitment and ensure you are capable of meeting these requirements. Please note that failure to enter into an approved governmental cybersecurity position for the required time will result in being required to repay the scholarship.
Also be aware that many governmental cybersecurity positions require a security clearance which can impose other limitations and which can preclude recent drug use. Please contact us if you have questions about this.
To apply, you will need the following items:
- Your personal information.
- A personal statement that describes your interest in cybersecurity; the coursework you have completed or plan to complete in cybersecurity; and what your professional goals are, describing where you might complete your required service. This must be a PDF file.
We will also receive a copy of your application to the degree program you are applying to. Should we be unable to access that we would in addition ask you for a copy of your transcripts as a PDF file and for your test scores for the test you used to apply to your program.
You will also need the title, name, and email addresses of two people to recommend you for the scholarship. These should be people who know your academic ability and commitment and who preferably are able to comment on your cybersecurity experience and suitability for a governmental position.
When you are ready to apply you may do so here.