We have only one application cycle per year. Applications for Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 will open in January of 2023.
Thank you for your interest in the Cyberfellows CyberCorps™ Scholarship For Service Program. We are excited that you are considering applying.
As you know, the program is designed to bring students with degrees that include significant focus on cybersecurity into governmental cybersecurity positions. There are significant financial benefits for being part of the program, including:
- Full tuition support
- An annual stipend of $34,000 for graduate students or $25,000 for undergraduates. Students with approved outside work may receive a lower stipend or no stipend, depending on hours worked.
- Health insurance coverage
- An allowance of $6,000 annually for textbooks, travel and professional development
- Additionally, students who are in the program over a summer are required to obtain a paid internship; this pay is in addition to the benefits above
On average, the program covers over $80,000 per academic year per student for those not working outside the program and receiving a stipend.
Students receiving these benefits are subject to a number of requirements from the Office of Personnel Management and from the Georgetown Cyberfellows Program. Before applying, you should carefully read the documents below to understand the commitment and ensure you are capable of meeting these requirements. Please note that failure to enter into an approved governmental cybersecurity position for the required time will result in being required to repay the scholarship.
Also be aware that many governmental cybersecurity positions require a security clearance which can impose other limitations and which can preclude recent drug use. Please contact us if you have questions about this.
To apply, you will need the following items combined into a single PDF file:
- Your contact information
- A resume or CV
- A personal statement that describes your interest in cybersecurity; the coursework you have completed or plan to complete in cybersecurity; and what your professional goals are, describing where you might complete your required service. There is no minimum or maximum length for this statement, but be concise in describing why you are committed to government service. This statement is an opportunity for you to share with us why you believe that the program is a good fit for you and why you are a good fit for the program. A robust statement will include your academic and professional goals that allow us to understand why you would make a long-term commitment to government service. You should be able to explain: why do you want to study cybersecurity? Why do you want to work for government? This is a multi-year commitment, why are you willing to pursue it and why do you believe you will succeed?
- Unofficial copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts, as applicable.
- The above information must be compiled into a single PDF file for upload.
In addition, you will need the contact information for two people who can discuss your background and motivation to join the program. These should be people who know your academic ability and commitment and who preferably are able to comment on your cybersecurity experience and suitability for a governmental position. You do not need to have letters sent; please do not have your reviewers do so. We will be requesting letters directly.
We will also receive a copy of your application to the degree program you are applying to, if you are applying from outside Georgetown or to a different internal program.
Applications are currently closed.